Key Characteristics of our Team Members
Learners and Leaders: we believe that people have the power to change their lives – we are brave, honest, intuitive and quick learners.
Dedicated: we are accessible to each other, open to being challenged and celebrate each other’s successes. We are badass, lean into discomfort, and challenge the status quo – this is demonstrated in how we share power, are vulnerable, and are radically open to feedback.
Intelligent communicators: we build a connection in all relationships, and show up with vulnerability, humility, openness and a growth mindset.
Creative: curiosity and collaboration are at the core of our team. We allow space for questions and being challenged, allowing flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment.
Are you looking for a supportive team to join? An agency culture of growth, collaboration and engaging clinical work? Do you have a passion for working with a specific client demographic?
We are growing and are looking for a passionate Associates to join our team. We are actively seeking skilled RSW/RCC Associate Therapists to join our dynamic team in Abbotsford. The successful candidate will be passionate about working with any of the following specialties: individuals, families, children and/or couples on a part-time and full-time basis – daytime, evenings and/or weekends.
Why you should work with us:
• Great team environment
• A beautiful office space and a collaborative team culture
• Innovative clinical work team that provides excellence to all our services
• Access to monthly peer clinical group supervision and individual supervision with an experienced supervisor
• A fair remuneration package based on education and experience (this is a percentage split structure)
• Full administration team – intakes, bookings, scheduling, third-party billing and client payments.
• Internal referral system – you don’t have to market yourself or find your clients.
• If you work with children – we have a fully furnished playroom.
What we are looking for:
• A team player – values the synergy and support that comes with working on a team
• Therapists who are passionate and committed to their work
• Postgraduate degree experience is preferred, but new graduates will be considered
• A clinician with a clear vision of their counselling philosophy and legacy
• Lives the values of lifelong learning and has plans for continuing education to deepen their clinical skills
• Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
• Actively contributes to the wellness of the team and practices self-care
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Masters Level graduate degree in Social Work/Counselling Psychology or a BSW with a Master’s in Counselling
• Eligibility for registration with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors and/or BC College of Social Workers & proof of registration with regulatory body.
• Completion of Narrative Therapy Foundations (Level 1) a strong asset
• Thorough knowledge of Narrative Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Multi-Systemic Family Therapy, and other therapeutic modalities
• Strong grounding in theoretical framework to your clinical work
• Demonstrated experience working with individuals, families, children/youth and/or couples presenting with a variety of issues; including, but not limited to mental health, addictions, trauma, abuse, relationship violence, separation/divorce, conflict resolution, life transitions, grief and loss, etc.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in a clinical setting, a strong asset
• Demonstrated skills in communication, organization and establishing collaborative working relationships with clients and other professionals
• Must be available to work during evenings and/or weekends
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your areas of practice, experience, what you bring to our team, your counselling philosophy and what you’re looking for in a team in word or PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Eterna, we value being learners and leaders – as part of our commitment to our profession, we have developed a rich learning opportunity for interns. We seek Master’s Level Social Workers and Counselling Psychology students completing their practical requirements for their program.
As an intern, you will receive the following:
• Learn how to integrate social work/counselling skills and knowledge into clinical practice.
• Have access to a wide range of learning from individual clinical practice, group work, and creative outlets in areas of interest.
• Gain a deeper understanding of the private sector, how referrals get generated, how they can be structured, and what the opportunities are within the sector.
• Exposure to various therapeutic approaches through weekly individual and monthly group supervision.
• Gain knowledge and experience on how clinical supervision is part of ethical practice to stay healthy as a practitioner through experiencing weekly supervision.
• Ability to build a deeper understanding of how micro, mezzo, and macro levels of funding, programs, and systems impact the work we engage in with clients as well as an agency.
• Have exposure to a wide range of diverse individuals (age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation) facing multiple barriers – diverse client demographics.
If you would like to be considered for our program, please send your resume and cover letter outlining your counselling philosophy and learning goals to Cecilia Mannella, Clinical Director
Leave us a message and we'll get back to you.
Questions about joining our team - as a therapist or intern? Simply fill out the form and we'll answer all your questions.